One of our most requested features from our users has consistently been self-service for DNS records. Although Designate is still in incubation, DNSaaS was a key piece for us to get in place for our users. This talk will cover our experiences from initial evaluation to operating Designate in a production environment. Topics covered will include:
- Initial evaluation and proof of concept implementation
- Discussion of our deployed architecture
- Packaging and deployment automation
- Implementing a custom Designate Sink handler
- End user and operator experiences
- Our next steps with DNSaaS
This will be an intermediate level talk that will assume familiarity with OpenStack and some experience with DNS.