Chargeback and rating are currently lacking in OpenStack. If you wish to define/charge costs to your clients' cloud usages or yours, you'll need to develop your own tools. CloudKitty is addressing these use cases by adding an highly modular rating engine to you OpenStack cloud.
In this talk we will introduce CloudKitty, an open source chargeback and rating component fully integrated with OpenStack that starts to be integrated by various OpenStack cloud around the world, so why not yours?
It will include :
- A description of its internal architecture
- Its capabilities
- Creation of your own rating rules
- Design of your own collector to use your metrics or enrich Ceilometer's one
- General configuration and usage
- Demonstration of the tool an in particular the Horizon integration