Does your IT department’s left hand talk to the right hand? Finally ours does at AVG
! This is the story of OpenStack as our salvation, and important lessons learned in technology and IT politics.
Our appsdev team’s devops abilities were being held ransom on vCenter, so we wanted public cloud agility for dev/test/staging. With the help of our IT partner tcp cloud
who will be on stage with us, we were able to hybridize with public and real private open source IaaS on OpenStack… all highly available, all wicked performance, all pillars of compute, network and storage.
Our talk will include the details of how:
- Our staging with vCenter went from 10 days to now 15 minutes with devops and OpenStack Heat
- Our CI processes are setup today with Heat
- We got open source SDN with OpenContrail
and F5 load balancing for high-performance north-south and east-west traffic
- We got to leverage our existing physical network and Hitachi storage
- We integrated some virtual (NFV-style) load balancing and anti-DDoS
- tcp cloud helped us stand up 3 global DCs with pure OpenStack, Puppet and Salt and where you can get scripts and instructions to do the same
- we reunited the left and right hand of IT: apps-dev and infrastructure
and we’ll share WHAT NOT TO DO with NO BS!