Time Warner Cable runs "stock" Neutron with ML2 and VxLAN at a scale of hundreds of nodes in multiple data centers. Today many who are standing up an OpenStack Clouds prefer Nova-Network over Neutron or, at best Neutron with a flat networking. Reasons are largely stated as Neutron complexity, maturity, performance, bad experiences during testing, or at worst "mailing list FUD". If Neutron is still sending shivers down your spine or you have experienced opinions on the matter watch this talk. We'll discuss the following and leave ample time for Q&A:
- Convincing traditional network teams that SDN implemented by "software guys" is legit.
- Successfully select Neutron features and implementation architectures to successfully ride the maturity wave with production workloads.
- Surviving your first production Neutron scares - common problems and solutions knowledge sharing.
- Understanding the Neutron/SDN required skill set.
- Strategies for evolving your implementation - you are not stuck with a day 1 architecture with some planning.