Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides an easy on-ramp, simple swipe a credit card and you can start building clouds and cloud applications.
OpenStack appears more complex: download, install, configure, manage, upgrade.
So which do you use and when?
In this session you will learn:
- What's the difference between public, private, managed and hybrid clouds?
- Do I get the same functionality and agility with an AWS public cloud versus an OpenStack private cloud ?
- What use cases are there for public, private, managed and hybrid clouds?
- What are the cost differences between an OpenStack private cloud and AWS public cloud?
- How can I effectively use an OpenStack private cloud and AWS public cloud, to allow my organization to respond to the needs of users, developers and customers.
This session focuses on business problems, strategies and solutions and is not a technical deep dive.