Efficiently metering and monitoring a private cloud is one of the major concerns Cloud administrators deal with on a day to day basis. OpenStack’s Ceilometer project was created to attempt to solve this aspect of cloud management but there are lot of misconceptions on how to effectively deploy and integrate it into one’s OpenStack cloud. Ceilometer has been maturing rapidly for the past few releases in OpenStack to address various aspects including scalability and performance and if deployed appropriately, is capable of addressing the needs of operators.
This talk aims to outline some facts and myths about Ceilometer, highlight key improvements made to the project and provide awareness on best practices to integrate it into your Cloud deployment and scale Ceilometer to accommodate your monitoring requirements.
- Common complaints by Cloud admins - Facts and Myths
- Best practices on how to integrate and extend Ceilometer with your Private Cloud
- Deployment scenarios/Use cases in Production
- Do's and Dont's / Gotchas
- Q&A – Tell us what your pain points are and how we can help?